What is a Patient Participation Group?
The aim of the Patient Participation Group is to inform the practice on the services provided by the practice from the patient’s perspective and help develop future services.
The activities of Patient Participation Groups (PPG’s) vary because they develop to meet local needs. They may include:
- Improving communication through newsletters, websites and other means.
- Organising health promotion events in partnership with the practice.
- Running services to meet local need, such as volunteer transport, prescription delivery, patient libraries, befriending and carer support.
- Providing advice, influencing commissioning and carrying out research.
- Supporting the practice in its dealings with other bodies.
Membership is open to anyone who is a patient at Ombersley Medical Centre. If you would like further details on our Patient Participation Group including an application form to become a member, please pick up a leaflet from reception or email. You can also download an application form and our Terms of Reference here:
Chairman: Mr John Cope
Secretary: Mrs Kate Stephens
Minutes and Action Logs
Copies of minutes and action logs will be available for a rolling 12 month period. Copies of minutes and action logs that are no longer available via this website can be requested from the practice.